Maybe you have a friend or family member who has been treated with Stem Cells and asked yourself, "What's all the fuss?"
Medical science continues the search for therapies that will help the body heal safely and effectively.
Embryonic stem cells are an area of much promising research and results.
There are two sources of embryonic stem cells that we use in our practice, and all are from donated placenta tissue from live births:
- Amniotic Membrane (inner lining of the placenta)
- Umbilical Cord
Stem cells from Amniotic Membrane and Umbilical Cord can stimulate growth of various cell types, including:
- Connective tissue (fascia, ligaments, tendons)
- Blood vessels
Amniotic Membranes and Umbilical Cord also provide:
- Growth Factors
- Hyaluronic Acid
- Heavy chain hyaluronic acid
Amniotic Membrane and Umbilical Cord tissue also works as an anti-inflammatory.
How can this help my foot?
Amniotic Membrane and Umbilical Cord are helpful in treating various foot problems, including:
- Diabetic Foot Ulcers
- Plantar Fasciitis (Heel Pain, Heel Spur Syndrome)
- Torn Tendons or Ligaments
- Arthritic Joints
How are the tissues prepared?
We use Amniox . Donated tissue is processed and frozen to ensure sterility and to preserve the tissue until it is ready to use. There are two forms of tissue for use:
- Sheets for direct application to wounds or tissue during surgery
- Powder dissolved in iquid for injection
To see if you are a candidate for this new and unique treatment, call our office today.