Custom or off-the-shelf foot orthotics and Ankle-Foot orthotics help hold your feet, knees, hips and low back in a different alignment than what you may be accustomed to.
For this reason it is important to take a week or so to get used to your new custom or of the shelf foot orthotics.
For best results, follow the steps below:
- Day 1: Wear your new orthotics for 2 hours.
- Day 2: If you didn't experience any foot, knee, hip or back pain during day 1, then wear 3 hours.
- Add one hour Days 3,4,5,6 etc until you wearing the orthotics all day.
- If you have soreness after the the first day or so then keep the time per day the same until the soreness goes away. Then add one hour each day.
For Athletes, add the following modification:
- Begin wearing your new orthotics for training after you have worn them all day for one week following the regular break-in period.